Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions.
- Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
- Write technical direction on product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, marketing specifications.
- Meet with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publishers to establish technical specifications.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples.
- Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
- Gather information on their subjects in libraries and on the web.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or forms to go along with rough drafts.
- Ensure fields flow in the correct sequence.
- Write articles and reports on current trends in fields such as science and engineering.
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Edit publications.
- Create table of contents and cite sources.
- Submit copies to managers for feedback.
- Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Follow a life cycle called document development life cycle.
- Release the document following final approval.
- Conduct online tutorials.
- Provide updates and different editions as necessary.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years experience, or equivalent of 15 years experience.
Keyword: Robohelp, Word, Project, Excel
From: Kratos Defense
Kratos Defense - 17 months ago