The Senior Technical Writer will be responsible for writing and editing technical product documentation and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Will also assist in the improvement of tools and processes for the Technical Publications team utilizing CMMI methodology. Must also translate complex data and programming methodology into easily understood text. This technical writer will work in a primarily Agile-based development environment.
The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities and frequent changes in project scope and work assignments. Position demands require a resourceful self-starter who has the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a minimum of technical supervision and/or supplemental engineering support.
- 8-10 years of technical writing experience inclusive of 2+ years writing developer/customer-facing documentation.
- Experience shaping and adhering to quality standards and documentation guidelines (CMMI preferred).
- Extensive experience and understanding of technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience with Java and Java EE programming.
- Experience working with databases.
- Knowledge of SOA
- Able to articulate concepts and uses of Web services (WSDL, XML, SOAP, JSON, and/or REST).
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in computer science/engineering, technical communications, or related field