The Senior Technical Writer- will be responsible for writing- and editing- technical product documentation and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.- Will also assist in the improvement of tools and processes for the Technical Publications team utilizing CMMI methodology.- - Must also translate complex data and programming methodology into- easily understood- text.- This technical writer will work in a primarily Agile-based development environment.
The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities and frequent changes in project scope and work assignments. - Position demands require a resourceful self-starter who has the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a minimum of technical supervision and/or supplemental engineering support.
- 8-10 years of technical writing experience inclusive of- 2+ years- writing developer/customer-facing documentation.
- Experience shaping and adhering to quality standards and documentation guidelines (CMMI preferred).
- Extensive experience and understanding of technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience with Java- and Java EE programming.
- Experience working with databases.
- Knowledge of SOA
- Able to articulate concepts and uses of Web services (WSDL, XML, SOAP, JSON, and/or REST).
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in computer science/engineering, technical communications, or related field See Job Description
ClearanceJobs.com - 8 months ago