Performs highly skilled mechanical and/or analytical duties in the coordination and completion of projects. Work is performed under general guidelines using established procedures and evaluated on results obtained. May supervise skilled and semi-skilled subordinates.
- Assists in the implementation and evaluation of technologies required for simulation programs using industry standards and established best practice standards.
- Develops familiarity with equipment and support technologies.
- Manages records related to maintenance agreements
- Operates computer manikins, related operating software, characteristics, programming, and A/V equipment.
- Provides logistical support for simulation activities including set-up and tear down.
- Provision of technical support and preparation of materials and equipment for teaching and short course activities within the Simulation Center.
- Manages the maintenance and operation of all Simulation Center equipment, and arranges for repair when necessary
- Assists with control of patient simulator during simulations and programming computers for patient simulator operations.
- Manages equipment and simulator maintenance tasks in consultation with the Simulation Center Coordinators and Educators.
- Maintains an inventory of large equipment and simulators within the Simulation Center. Assist with yearly inventory.
- Updates and performs preventative maintenance activities on equipment.
- Maintains a maintenance log of equipment and simulators.
- Assists with tours of Simulation Center.
- Serves as a liaison to the community, company representatives, and other Schools and departments of Texas Tech.
- Performs as a team player; participates as a collaborative member of the Simulation Center team to achieve a positive environment.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by Simulation Center immediate supervisors and Executive Director.
High school or equivalent and five years experience. Additional job related education may substitute for required experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience of working within a medical simulation center
- Experience of working within an academic environment
- Experience with medical equipment and instrumentation technology
- Knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and physiology, product knowledge and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a wide variety of tasks to support departmental needs.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Significant background in computer use, set-up, trouble shooting, and maintenance; experience setting up A/V equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups.
- Strong background in computer use, setup, troubleshooting, and maintenance required.
- Proven skills with Windows and Microsoft Office programs, digital audio-visual editing, and ability to learn new technologies quickly and easily.
- Prior experience in supply management desired; ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Advanced IT skills including software and hardware
- Ability to communicate with students at all levels and with academic and technical colleagues.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Permian Basin
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Hourly Pay Range
13.16 - 18.78
Monthly Pay Range
2281.07 - 3255.20
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -