More About HCA.....
- HCA has been Recognized in Computerworld Magazine's Top 100 Workplaces to work for Information Technology Professionals for the 4
consecutive year, coming in this year at #25.
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
Summary of Duties
Responsible for maintaining and supporting telecommunication systems and hardware. The Senior Telecom Engineer will identify, diagnose, and solve assigned or delegated telecom issues and is responsible for working with all end-users in the facility to identify and initiate resolution to all telecom issues. This person may administer telecommunication systems for multiple facilities.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Maintain, service, program and troubleshoot the Nortel PBX
- Maintain, service, program, and troubleshoot the voice mail system
- Provide support, both on-site and remote to our facilities of responsibility
- Take all calls for telecommunications including, but not limited to, repair, additions, changes, and training
- Manage cell phone and pager requests and issues
- Evaluate requests for new equipment and/or technologies
- Strategic Planning to assure technology refresh and growth
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statements
- Assists with other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Voice Over IP (VOIP) protocols and standards.
- Knowledge of Broadband to include OC3, DS3, T-1, PRI, DRI, DSL, ISDN and networking knowledge including Virtual networking.
- Knowledge of Call Center Applications including Nortel Switch, Call Pilot and Symposium including programming of these applications.
- Knowledge of video-teleconference, audio-visual and satellite operations.
- Knowledge of bandwidth requirements and how resources can be shared among sites.
- Ability to effectively manage high bandwidth lines.
- Ability to manage an automated call attendant to give customers user-friendly options.
- Ability to display expert knowledge of upgrades to address increasing volume and complexity of services.
- Ability to show great attention to detail and work quickly to resolve issues.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow through on issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Able to work effectively with other employees and external parties.
- Must be able to drive to the assigned facilities or work locations to fulfill duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum five years direct telecommunication support experience in a multi-site business environment required.
- Nortel PBX Certification with optional 11-81c preferred
HCA Inc - 18 months ago