Varen Technologies is an Intelligence Services Provider focusing on information technology services and solutions for the Defense and Intelligence Communities. We provide high caliber intelligence professionals to assist in all aspects of systems implementation, delivering leading edge solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
We hire professionals who match our core values and high standards, and who are looking to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. It is our belief that professional growth and development are among the most important ways to keep our highly talented employees challenged and motivated. This belief keeps us focused on career paths for each individual, giving our employees the ability to fulfill their personal and professional goals. Add that to our highly competitive benefits, rapid growth and success, Varen is just an exciting place to work!
Our core support is in the following four areas:
- Cyber Solutions
- Strategic Management & SETA
- Software & IT Solutions
- Intel Analysis
In support of automated testing the Senior Test Engineer will join a small team in supporting software/hardware test activities prior to operational deployment with the use of various tools. The system will utilize a variety of COTS products to conduct the tests. The selected candidate must have experience with software testing and meet the required skills as defined by the labor category and the additional items listed below. This candidate must have experience and knowledge of SDH/SONET based networks to be considered for this position.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred. A minimum of ten (10) years experience in test engineering or integration of modern hardware/software systems at the component, integration, system, and end-to-end levels.
- A strong background in network engineering is required
- Experience with establishing, maintaining, and testing SDH/SONET based networks
- Experience with computer networking protocols including, but not limited to, IP, TCP/UDP, HTTP, DHCP, and DNS
- Experience with C, C++, Bash, Perl, Python, or other scripting language
- Experience with installing, configuring, and using personal security products including host and network based firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Proficient in the development and implementation of test strategies, plans, traceability matrices, procedures, and reports
- A minimum of eight (8) years experience with requirements analysis experience
- Knowledge of test tools, to include Hewlett-Packard's (HP) Quality Center
- Experience with building end-to-end test infrastructure from source to destination to include provisioning computers, loading software, and creating test threads through network infrastructure
- Experience with executing independent verification and validation on component and system integration testing according to test plans/procedures
- Experience documenting test results according to the customer's defined standards
- Experience with implementing, maintaining, and testing network equipment and configuring workstations as required to support test activities
- Experience with utilizing a tool such as Wireshark to support network and computer security analysis
- Experience with troubleshooting network system issues with IT hardware such as repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, and hubs and operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, SUN Solaris, and Linux
- Experience with installing COTs products in support IT lab equipment (workstations, switches, etc.)
Varen offers a competitive benefits package to include: employee bonus plan, corporate equity program, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, referral bonus program, paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Varen Technologies - 13 months ago