The main thing the manager is looking for are people that have done a lot of hands on work in Business Objects "Universe" and "Report Development" aka, Webi, WebIntelligence, Rich-Client, Designer.
We are not interested in Business Objects System Administrators.
• Expert (3+ years) with Business Objects XI or 4.x toolsets, including Designer, Rich-client, and WebIntelligence
• Crystal report development experience a bonus.
Role and Responsibilities: * Design, develop, and test Business Objects universe and report solutions
• Work with business users and technical staff to gather and refine requirements for reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc query environments
• Collaborate with ETL lead/developers to develop effective data models and universe designs
• Participate in the complete development lifecycle, including analysis, design, build, and test
• Adhere to and help refine our best practices and standards as they relate to reporting and analytics in the business intelligence environment
Related Work Experience:
• 3+Yrs and/or BA in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience
• Broad understanding of reporting technologies, including report delivery methodologies, analytic modeling, and data visualizations for KPIs, scorecards, and process flows
• Experience in data warehousing and business intelligence
• High proficiency in understanding 3NF and dimensional data models
• Proficiency in SQL in both transactional and star-schema environments
• Experience with Oracle 11 or Teradata 13.x a plus
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Personal qualities: innovation, resourcefulness, tenacity, independence, energy, and self-confidence
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a broad base of business and technology associates
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
Horizontal Integration participates in Everify