Engineers - Transportation
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Orlando, FL staff as a Senior Tolls Engineer. In this role you will have the opportunity to manage an asset management team and develop pavement management concept studies. Our ideal candidate will be proficient in asset management/pavement management.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Performs project design, sketching design concepts to be developed by junior engineers, CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering investigations or planning work.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost-effective solution.
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job budgets.
- Coordinates work with project manager, and guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
- Is responsible for quality control, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a Toll related subject.
- A Professional Engineer’s license is required.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Qualified applicants will be proficient in Asset Management/Pavement Management
- A proficiency with CADD and GIS is required.
- Complex Excel spreadsheet development is required, as is a proficiency in the use of other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook)
- The successful candidate will have excellent technical writing skills and communication skills.
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...