Red 5 Studios is the video game developer of Firefall (www.firefallthegame.com) and dedicated to bringing together millions of gamers from across the planet by creating immersive worlds, intriguing stories, and compelling characters.
Created by seasoned developers including the team-lead for vanilla World of Warcraft and the lead-designer of Tribes 1 and 2, Firefall’s combat is fast paced, furious, and plays like a top tier action oriented shooter. It is the largest co-op shooter MMO made to date and offers a unique gameplay experience not found anywhere else.
Red 5 Studios' development process is also deliberately unlike any other. Firefall is designed from the ground up with our audience at our core. We share our game's early development builds and invite our audience to actively share feedback, contributing meaningfully to shaping our core gameplay. We regularly post and read our forums, and often fly in beta testers to our offices for early previews and feedback sessions.
If you are interested in joining the Red 5 Tribe, or to learn more about opportunities at the studio, please visit the company web site (www.red5studios.com). For those interested in getting a behind-the-scenes look at what Red 5 Studios is all about, please check out the following video: http://bit.ly/ORU72P
At Red 5 our Engineering and Tools Programmers works closely with the development team to architect and implement world-class game development tools including; 3D mesh editors, database editors, art processing tools, automated build systems and asset management tools. Collaborating with Designers, Content Designers and World Creators, the Tools Programmer will have the opportunity to work with a cutting edge team on new game technologies that change day to day, executing large scale tools and large amounts of data with the opportunity to interact with our operations team.
- Work hand in hand with the development team to improve process and design on various disciplines such as content creation tools, world creation, UI, encounter tools, game content, mission creation, installer/launcher and patcher
- Support the art team and world artists in their efforts to improve the pipeline and delivery of world class art objects to final production
- Collaborate with the UI Team on design sense and workflow improvements
- 3-5 years of direct application programming experience
- C#, C++, and .NET development experience
- Previous work in developing database driven applications
- Great design sense for workflow and user interface
- Experience creating multi-user applications
- Knowledge and understanding of DirectX on 3D rendering
- 3D Math and Graphics familiarity
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate gamer
- Linux and Unix Build Process experience
- Previous experience with an MMO development studio with a large scale AAA game title
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- Some experience with graphic design programs (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Passion for games
Red 5 Studios - 11 months ago