Movie streaming is core to Netflix’s growth strategy. At the heart of Netflix technology is the Cloud Persistence platform, which serves as the distributed database foundation for global data persistence and replication, and powers the user experience of millions of customers every day.
In this role your primary responsibility will be to work with the other members of the Cassandra Operations team on the development of an ever-evolving suite of tools developed in Python (and possibly Java/Jython) that deploy, test, monitor and maintain our increasing and varied production Cassandra clusters. Your success in this role can be measured by the reduction in time spent performing manual maintenances and responding to on-call alerts. The systems that you will help build for creating, monitoring and maintaining Cassandra clusters, when done properly, will not only benefit Netflix but also the growing community of companies running Cassandra in AWS, many of which look to us as leaders in the space.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Relevant software development experience, preferably in production tools and infrastructure
- Fluent in Python
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- Self-motivated, proactive, curious, responsible and flexible
- BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
You can learn more about the Cassandra Operations team at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vvc58oqox0
- Knowledge of Jython
- Strong to fluent Java development experience
- Proficiency with NoSQL database systems, preferably Cassandra
- Experience with RESTful resource-oriented web services
- Knowledge of cloud services and technologies
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...