Engineers - Traffic
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
is seeking an experienced
Senior Traffic Engineer
to join our operations in Richmond, VA. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your extensive knowledge to various areas of traffic engineering including, traffic signals and signal systems as well as traffic analysis, signs and marking and traffic control. Our ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Microstation.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Performs project design, sketching design concepts to be developed by junior engineers, CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering investigations or planning work.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost-effective solution.
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job budgets.
- Guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
- Is responsible for quality control, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil engineering is required
- Seven to twelve years of relevant experience is preferred.
- A Virginia Professional Engineer’s license is required, or the ability to obtain within six months of hire
- A working knowledge of Microstation is required, as well as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good technical writing and verbal communication skills are required.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...