Develops, administers and maintains training materials and training records for personnel working in real-time operations on the electrical transmission system or in support of the system. Includes training in advanced system operations related to the electrical transmission system and individual development areas for operations personnel.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Conducts training for the Operations Control Room (OCR) staff using classroom instruction, guest speakers, computer simulation, field observation, testing and on-the-job training.
- Designs, develops and delivers modules, materials, job aids, lesson plans and policies and procedures related to advanced transmission system operations for training, testing and qualifications.
- Prepares and implements performance improvement plans to correct operating skill deficiencies identified by OCR Management, with additional targeted training and testing for verification.
- Maintains detailed records of all aspects of training, in compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and applicable Regional Entity (RE) requirements.
- Develops, configures and administer training simulations for various system and non-system emergency scenarios that affect Company personnel.
- Analyzes system operating events to determine where improvements can be made in future operations or support tools.
- Develops and administers classes and testing to OCR personnel to maintain or obtain NERC System Operator certification.
- Designs, develops, delivers and documents required system restoration training.
- Administers Protection Leader and Operating Authority qualification certification interviews and testing for field personnel.
- Regular travel to Ann Arbor facility.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Training and Development, Instructional Design or Adult Learning preferred; Master’s Degree with no related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a training role, consisting of technical or electric industry training that utilizes instructional design based in a Systematic Approach to Training and/or seven (7) years of experience as a Transmission System Operator or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree in Training and Development, Instructional Design or Adult Learning preferred.
- NERC System Operator Reliability Coordinator (RC) Certification or ability to obtain RC certification within six (6) months of hire required.
- Experience complying with NERC reliability standards and/or the NERC certification and continuing education program preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed scripts and scenarios for simulator training preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based training.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 22 months ago