GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.As a Transformer Design Engineer, you will be involved in the both the advancement of traditional transformers as well as development of novel designs for emerging electrical systems architectures interfacing with the power electronics and electrical systems experts in the company.
- Work in a team to conduct transformer and other magnetic design activities in low, medium, and high voltage high power electrical systems for applications such as; wind and solar power conversion, electric drives for oil and gas, ship power and propulsion and DC-based power transmission and distribution.
- Integrate electrical, mechanical, thermal, and high voltage design of transformers.
- Demonstrate basic analytical ability; formulate solution to problems
- Perform engineering tasks involving functions such as analysis, design, development, test, installation and service, while working from instructions, models, proposals, specifications, and other pertinent information.
- Gain exposure to cross-functional and global teams and consult to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application, and recommend revisions, as appropriate.
- Develop test plans, conduct tests, and document tests in a laboratory and field environment for advanced transformers and inductors, and prepare related detailed technical reports.
- Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering, High Voltage Engineering or related field with at least 7 years in product design. Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 10 years of post-degree experience in product design. Or a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with 15 years experience in product design in a reasearch enviroment
- Demonstrated experience in magnetic and transformer engineering design for power electronic systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in simulation tools such as, finite elements and Matlab (Simulink).
- Familiar with electrical and thermal designs for low voltage or medium voltage high power equipment.
- Familiar with high frequency magnetics.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters or Bachelors level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background
investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at
www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The position is eligible for the General Employee Referral Program
- Experience with industrial high voltage equipment.
- Experience with high frequency magnetics.
- Knowledge of high power Oil and Gas applications, such as high-power and high-speed drives for compressors and pumps, high-speed turbine/generator.
- Knowledge and experience in renewable energy and distributed generation systems, such as wind, PV and fuel cell.
- Knowledge and experience with aviation systems, ship power and propulsion
- High curiosity and motivation
- Creative and demonstrated capability for innovation
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 8 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...