Directs and coordinates operational activities of delivery equipment and transportation department by performing the following duties personally.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full knowledge of Delivery Driver position; one to two years prior experience as a delivery driver is helpful.
- Thorough knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of delivery area is essential.
- Supervises 15+ Class A Delivery Drivers, local and remote in the Transportation Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training drivers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Procures state required certificates of title and arranges for registrations and state inspections.
- Maintains Department of Transportation files and records. Updates files, arranges for renewals of driver physical, testing, etc.
- Inspects delivery equipment, scheduling needed repair or service work.
- Coordinates operation and maintenance of equipment, storage facilities, and repair facilities.
- Analyzes purchases and repair costs to control expenditures, make suggestions on equipment in best interest of the company.
- Verifies insurance coverage on vehicles.
- Plans and directs safety campaigns, insures driver attendance at all safety meetings.
- Insures drivers adhere to DOT Hours-of-Service regulations and Log-Book requirements.
- Assists in negotiation with vendors to purchase delivery equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Assigns trucks and tractor/trailers for use.
- Assigns delivery personnel to routes and trucks to achieve most efficient use of labor and equipment.
- Maintains customer routes and sequencing, setting up most efficient delivery order.
Indeed - 19 months ago