Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Transportation Planner in our Columbia, MD Office.
Duties of the position:
Knowledge, Skills & Minimum Requirements:
- Conduct transportation planning, travel forecasting, strategic planning, and alternatives analysis
- Conduct environmental related analysis including NEPA and EIS
- Conduct parking studies
- Conduct multi-modal studies including pedestrian and bicycle planning, analysis and design
- Conduct bus and rail transit systems planning and operations studies including station area planning and preliminary engineering
- Conduct traffic/development impact studies
- Conduct roadway and transit safety studies/ audits
- Conduct traffic operations studies including signal warrants, traffic calming, work zone impact analysis, and traffic signal timing optimization
- Perform traffic modeling and simulation tasks, using analysis models such as Synchro, CORSIM, VISSIM, HCS, SIDRA, and other programs
- Manage GIS and traffic data collection efforts for your projects
- Prepare final technical reports and represent company at technical meetings and public meetings
Please send or email your resume along with a cover letter identifying the position for which you are interested to:
- P.E. and PTOE preferred, AICP and PTP will also be considered
- Bachelors from an ABET-Accredited University in Civil Engineering or Urban Planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in ArcGIS, Synchro, HCS, VISSIM, preferred, knowledge in TransCAD and Cube a plus
- Working knowledge of the MUTCD and Highway Capacity Manual
- Experience in preliminary engineering design
- Valid driver's license
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 7-15 Years of progressive transportation planning experience
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Kariann Kuchak
504 Joh Ave
nue, Suite 160
Baltimore, Maryland 21227
All information received from applicants will remain confidential.
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. (SWA) is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm headquartered in Columbia, MD with offices in Maryland,...