GENERAL FUNCTION: Perform daily cash activities (reconciliation, forecasting, and disbursements, reporting) for all entities and all banks efficiently and accurately. Manage and maintain the Treasury Workstation (TWS), and continually improve functionality, automation and processes. Focus on providing value-added analysis and recommendations to improve processes and implement changes within the department and with other departments. Manage a variety of banking administration related activities (i.e. documentation, system access, etc.). Provide support for Assistant Treasurer and Treasurer in ad-hoc analysis and special projects as well as taking the initiative to recommend new projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cash Management for all entities and banks
• Monitor and manage cash balances and transactions (prior and current day)
• Reconcile cash balances and transactions daily and explain variances
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly reporting related to cash management. Analyze reports and data to find trends and to make recommendations based on the data/report.
• Manage daily funds transfer process (payment initiation, monitoring of payment requests to ensure in compliance with policies, reconciling of source system/documents and TWS). Responsible to get payments out timely and accurately.
• Continually look to improve processes, implement controls and complete value add analysis to resolve issues and improve overall cash management function.
• Support other departments, as well as Audit, in transaction research and banking related inquiries, and other special projects.
2. Treasury Workstation
• Daily task and bank polling management- ensure run successfully and troubleshoot when necessary
• Bank account management within system
• Payment template set up and maintenance
• Reporting – create and automate to provide information for other departments
• Research other modules, processes and functions available in the TWS to ensure system is being used to the fullest and recommend changes.
• Continually review the market to stay current on other systems available to ensure we are using the system that best fits our needs.
3. Cash Forecasting
• Assist in forecasting of cash flows through interfaces, reporting, historical data and trending analysis
• Prepare and create new value add reporting and analysis of forecasted versus actual data to increase accuracy of forecast (graphing)
• Continually strive to obtain more information from source systems/departments, rather than basing forecast on historical data.
4. Bank Account Administration
Open/Close/Modify Bank Accounts
Maintenance of authorized signatories
Maintenance of Treasury and Banking system users/access
• Account Analysis
Review, analyze, compare costs
Optimize cash balances
Analyze actual to expected volumes and costs
Recommend changes to banking account or bank structure based on analysis
5. Assist on special projects and take the initiative to suggests new projects, process improvements etc.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics required. MBA or CTP preferred.
Experience: Typically requires 3 - 5 years of Treasury/Finance related experience.
Computer/Technical: Proficient with MS-Windows and other related PC applications (advanced Excel skills needed). Treasury Workstation experience a plus (Wall Street Systems or Thomson in particular) as well as experience working with banking software and online websites. Oracle experience desirable as well.
• This position requires excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with personnel ranging from clerical staff to more senior management, as well as external bank personnel.
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and adhere to set deadlines
• Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
• Ability to maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires management/completion of multiple tasks.
• Demonstrate sound judgment as well as apply logical/critical thought processes.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
• Extended viewing of CRT screen.
Vantiv is an EEO / AA employer.
Vantiv - 8 months ago
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading integrated payment processor for businesses and financial institutions, processing more than 12.9...