At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a Senior Tunneling Engineer to join the tunneling group in San Francisco to participate in the design and management of a number of existing and future tunneling projects.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Collaborating and working with other Tunnel and Geotechnical Engineering staff.
• Participate in the design and management of tunnel and tunnel-related projects for large multi-disciplinary transportation and utility works
• Identifying, tracking and bidding for new tunneling work
Qualified professionals will have:
• Master's of Science or Master's of Engineering in Applied Sciences, Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering with 10+ years of tunnel-related work experience in TBM tunnels and SEM.
• Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals, structural design of tunnels, soil and rock mechanics.
• California PE
• A professional demeanor with good communication skills essential for a team-based working environment.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.