GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will provide technical expertise in the research and development in areas of turbomachinery components and systems. Technologies include secondary flows, seals and fluid/structure interaction. This will include mechanical design, structural analysis and laboratory testing.
- Independently contribute ideas relative to secondary flows, seals and fluid/structure interaction; Establish project needs and requirements,
- Effectively communicate to customers by preparing written reports and making presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and value obtained Provide technical expertise and leadership in areas of turbomachinery secondary flows, flow network modeling, sealing technology development
- Build relationships with people with a wide variety of technical expertise and business insight; Work in a task or program leadership role to drive team success against program deliverables
- Write invention disclosures and provide technical input in patent application process
- Deliver effective presentations, reports, and publications to Global Research leadership, the GE businesses, government agencies, professional societies, and peer-reviewed journals.
- Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or related field of study with at least 7 years of experience in turbomachinery system development OR a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or related field of study with at least 10 years of experience in turbomachinery system development.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience, including successful track of completing deliverables on schedule and on budget
- In depth knowledge of both solid mechanics and solid/fluid structure interaction
- Demonstrate ability to investigate, model, innovate and provide critical insight into complex physical phenomena.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for innovation, hardware and experimental research and development.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program
Imagine working alongside innovation giants in the world’s most diverse industrial research lab – you can make it happen by clicking on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Demonstrate abilities in the areas of seals and secondary flows.
- Demonstrate abilities in hardware development and laboratory testing for developing prototypes based upon computer simulations and physics-based modeling.
- Fast learner, ready to accept new and difficult challenges
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 2 years ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...