The American Institutes for Research is a leading education research company providing a continuum of education research, assessment, technical assistance and policy analysis from the school level up to the national and international levels. Our programs apply science to address real world issues on behalf of clients that include federal and state agencies, international development agencies, leading foundations, school districts and private businesses and our experts are a frequent source of information and guidance for policymakers, clients and the news media.
We are currently seeking a Senior School Turnaround Consultant who will work full-time on-site to provide support to schools and districts in Norfolk, VA to implement successful turnaround and transformation services.
• Provide coaching to district and school leadership as well as professional development for school administrators engaged in school turnaround and transformation.
• Lead, in collaboration with school principal and district leaders, school transformation and turnaround initiatives to meet the requirements of school improvement grant 1003G including progress monitoring and reporting.
• Evaluate instructional programs and provide professional development and feedback to teachers.
• Support family and community engagement initiatives as outlined in district SIG plans.
• Provide guidance and support on initiatives to the school site on a daily basis.
• Master's degree in education-related program or equivalent experience including teaching experience with strong demonstrated high quality instructional strategies; high school experience or middle school experience with high school credentials preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of participation or experience leading school turnaround efforts at the district or school level.
• Ability to write progress reports to states and analyze data for program reporting.
• Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences at the district and state levels.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams; strong project management skills and staff supervision skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presenting to and facilitating various-sized groups.
• Must live near or be able to relocate to school communities (Norfolk, VA).
American Institutes for Research - 15 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...