The AppNexus Discovery Team in San Francisco will be building a new client-facing product from the ground up. Our challenge is building an intuitive and simple interface to automate and streamline complex business and interaction processes. Our clients need front-end applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their business and efficiently buy and sell online advertising inventory with speed and confidence. Equally important is our visualization of our clients’ data, displaying everything they need to see in order to understand how their business is performing and where changes could be made to help them better perform. We work closely with our User Experience team, intelligently designing every feature of our new product.
Consider some sample problems:
The most exciting part about working at AppNexus is the enormous potential for personal and professional growth. We operate in a continuous release cycle with 99.96% uptime, meaning new features are added weekly without ever taking our systems completely offline. By the end of your first day, you are committing code to mainline branch. Within weeks you own a component of a system. We have too many large problems not to trust new developers with enormous responsibility. Join our team, and you have the opportunity to redefine an industry.
- Permissions-based UI: How do we build a dynamic UI that appears as a custom product for each client?
- Multiple, complex client needs: How do we design the UI to be simple and uncluttered while tailoring it to meet each unique client’s complex and diverse business needs? Our challenge is to create interfaces that are intuitive for first time users and yet allows “power users” to control (even micromanage) their businesses.
What we look for:
1. You want to be part of an organization with minimal bureaucracy and a clear communication path between your team and the CEO where you can communicate freely and openly.
2. You have a passion for web development that manifests itself as a proven history (3+ years) of successful projects and the ability to write fast, accurate, scalable code.
3. You are hungry to build complex and dynamic web experiences and have experience with dynamic frameworks like AngularJS, BackboneJS, or KnockoutJS.
5. You have knowledge of server-side scripting languages, have experience consuming APIs, and have an opinion on when to do things client-side versus server-side.
6. You are comfortable developing under the MVVM paradigm and have experience with agile development processes.
7. You look for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
8. You are an independent thinker who is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
What's in it for you:
1. Industry changing work – build bold solutions to some of today’s most exciting technical challenges
2. Significant impact from your very first day thanks to our rapidly growing scale and agile engineering teams.
3. Locations around the world: Manhattan, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, London, Paris, Hamburg, and Israel.
4. Regular access to industry events - AppNexus hosts many technical meetups and speakers - why trek across town to get to a tech meetup when it can be a few steps from your desk complete with free beer and pizza?
5. And of course, competitive compensation, relocation stipend and all visa costs covered (if needed).
6. Because our CEO is an industry recognized developer in his own right, your contributions to the company are recognized and rewarded.
7. We are a technology company at heart. Our founders can hold their own in architecture discussions with the team. Our CEO even checks-in bug fixes to the ad server codebase on occasion.
The Other Perks:
To learn more about UI development at AppNexus, check out:
- Great Technology: Any computer of your choosing. Most of our team develop using retina displayed MacBook Pros, with multiple monitors for additional screen real estate.
- Free Food: Every office has fully stocked kitchens including healthy and tasty snacks, drinks, coffee and bagels, each morning. Family Lunch Fridays – AppNexus provides free lunch for the company every Friday.
- Career Development: Annual budget for conferences and continuing education of your choosing.
- An Active Development Community: Participate in company sponsored Hackathons, Innovation days and events.
- Speak, Publish, and Patent: Your groundbreaking work will help enhance the engineering brand at an emerging powerhouse technology company.
Tech Blog: Easy Web Forms with Knockout JS - Taylor
Tech Blog: An Animated Bezier Curve Demo - Sam
Tech Blog: The Garden of Forking Paths (Version Control) - Travis
Tech Blog: Webkit (Chrome, Safari) console.log is broken. - Sam
AppNexus - 19 months ago
AppNexus is a world-class ad technology company, and one of the hottest young companies in New York City (Silicon Alley Insider, amNY). Our...