Senior Software Engineer - (HTML5, ASP.Net MVC3)
Inviting exceptionally talented and seasoned Senior Software Engineers, to join our team of professionals in building the next generation of our Software Applications. This is a unique opportunity to contribute as a member of a skilled and creative product team designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Enterprise Risk Management Applications. You will embark on an intellectually challenging and rewarding product development journey and work with top-tier software professionals on a variety of projects that explores the frontiers of modern technology.
Our Product development group focuses on developing and building world class, high performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk quantification tools to our 400+ clients worldwide. Using World class technology, we are building an exciting next generation product that leverages the latest advancements in database tools, grid computing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and visualization optimization. Our Enterprise Platform utilizes restful web services, 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, best-in-class virtualization technology, and GPU-based computing in a SaaS environment.
This is a hands-on position that will cater to your craving for design and development of World Class Software Products. You will work with the Product and Solution Managers to create outstanding Product/ Application designs, Wireframes, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Click-Through's and work closely with the development teams to see the vision created.
Experience and Qualifications:
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- 2-5 years hands-on experience with commercial software applications development.
- Thorough understanding of, and experience with .Net UI and Web technologies.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following technologies will be of help: C #, Silverlight and related technologies.
- Awareness of software development lifecycle processes and Agile development methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Masters in Computer Science/Application or Bachelors in Computer science/Engineering from a top university
This position requires skills in web technologies using HTML5, OO JS, JSON, ASP.Net MVC3, JQuery,.Net, CSS3, C# and a breadth of U.I technologies.
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we're still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable.
- proficiency in Object-Oriented design, development techniques and direct UI development programming experience.
- Knowledge of U.I and Application Design Patterns.
- Experience with distributed computing, ASP.NET MVC3, SVG and HTML5 Canvas, authoring custom JQuery widgets, templates, animation is highly desired.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and related tools and technologies
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, take the initiative and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player and must work well as part of geographically diverse teams.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Risk Management Solutions - 2 years ago
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...