AmazonFresh is an Amazon.com company offering Seattle and Los Angeles customers same-day and early morning delivery of hundreds of thousands of Amazon items, including fresh grocery and local products. With a huge selection from milk to electronics, customers can order by 10am and have their products delivered by dinner.
We have an exciting new product idea and are looking for an energetic, innovative, and customer-obsessed UX Designer with a strong visual design portfolio to deliver a product that is deceptively simple yet will change the way people shop.
As UX Designer, you will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment. You will work closely with engineering, product/program management, marketing and site merchandising, and company leaders to successfully go from early-stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables. Flexibility, a strong work ethic and a good sense of humor are a must.
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications, and final graphics with a strong visual design element
- Initiate and manage user experience research and testing
- Use metrics to inform design/UX optimization efforts
- Coordinate with the product management team to develop a shared vision of a product and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
- Partner with the technology team to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles
- Work strategically with stakeholders and team members across the organization
- Partner with others in the broader design community to develop and extend the experience across the array of offerings
What you bring:
- Strong visual design and user experience skill set including strategy, information architecture, and design aesthetic
- Capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Obsession with foreseeing and advocating customer needs
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
- Proven ability to work cross-team, lead the design process and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Ability to quickly turn around detailed wireframes, mockups, or visual comps in an iterative environment.
- Ability to work directly with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years professional experience as designer
- Bachelor’s Degree required, degree in design or a related field strongly preferred
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application
- Proficient skill level in the standard tools of the design trade, e.g. Photoshop, Fireworks, Visio, Omnigraffle, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and HTML/CSS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
- Proficiency with web and accessibility standards
- E-commerce experience and background in designing authoring tools preferred
Amazon.com - 12 months ago