FGI WorldWide is a global commercial finance firm with exposure in over 60 countries. We provide middle market companies with business loans and other various financial products and services to meet their business needs. Our in-depth understanding of international trade and its complexities equips our clients with both the expertise and the ideal financing resources needed to prosper on a global scale.
Vacancy code: 2013/BD/01
Position title: Senior Underwriter
Department: Business Development
Office: New York
Contract type: Full Time Employment
Contract level: Mid Management
Probation period: 3 months
Background Information – FGI
FGI is made of three divisions, FGI Finance, FGI Risk Services and FGI Capital, providing small to middle market companies with optimal solutions to manage and protect their assets. We offer financial products, loans, and services to obtain the flexibility and the liquidity needed to safely grow their business.
The Company is headquartered in the Financial District of New York City, with business development offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, London (UK) and Toronto (CA).
Background Information – Department
FGI Business Development Team is one of the most effective and respected business development teams in the industry. The Business Development Team is primary in charge of generating new leads and culling the market for new opportunities, but it also works to build and maintain meaningful and lasting relationships with clients.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Analyzing financial information on prospective clients;
- Creating due diligence reports on potential client companies;
- Liaising between our Credit Analysts, Business Development Officers and the Operations department.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized institute is required;
- Finance Major preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in ABL is required;
- Working knowledge of major computer programmes;
- Fluency in writing, reading and understanding English.
We are a fast growing fast changing company, hence we need someone apt to change and able to fit in our dynamic team. We work in a fast paced yet fun environment which will demand you to be charismatic, energetic, self-motivated and hungry.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results within strict deadlines;
- Proven problem solving skills;
- Excellent detail orientation and time-management skills;
- Ability to prioritize work flow;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must have deep understanding of Excel, Word, and MS Office;
- Comfort with a fast paced and growing environment.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- The incumbent will be responsible to abide by security policies and administrative instructions of FGI.
- When applying, please state vacancy code and position title in the message subject line.
FGI is an equal opportunity employer. With respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment, we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or veteran status.
FGI - 30+ days ago
FGI has been delivering training courses to organisations for over a decade and as a result have been able to develop effective solutions...