Senior Underwriter |
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be “driven to do the right thing at every turn.” To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can grow with us. We are currently seeking an experienced and talented Senior Level Claims Adjuster to join our current team.
Joining AACC as a Senior Underwriter is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team to further your career with a growing and successful organization.
- Reviews insurance applications to evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing
- Make appropriate decisions within own underwriting authority and make appropriate recommendations
- Processing various coverage letters; SOS/IDOT, Pay History, Certified Policy, Void
- Agency visits and training of producers on POS system and dashboard reports, including follow up
- Liasion for producers for all issues and problems
- Complete loss ration audits, PPP audits, PPPP audits, and restriction audits
- Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends
- Utilizes advanced functionality in relevant systems to perform day-to-day activities.
- Respectfully deliver the most convenient and accessible auto insurance
- Contribute as need be to the overall success of the company
Benefits available for full time employees
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university
- A minimum of 3 years of automobile underwriting experience
- Strong negotiation and settlement skills.
- Detail-oriented in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with individuals from all backgrounds
- Customer-focused orientation modeling patience and empathy
- Ability to make independent decisions and use proper judgment.
- Ability and willingness to handle cases of increasing complexity and severity
- Self-motivated team player
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required
- Generous paid time off package
- Medical & Dental Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance