Responsible for deployment, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of the Unified Communications infrastructure. Mentors junior UC technicians and trains system customers. Gathers information to evaluate voice network performance, troubleshoots system problems, identifies user needs and determines voice network requirements. Evaluates system and equipment upgrades for deployment in the production UC system and recommends appropriate upgrades. Assists in evaluating new service offering via the UC platform. Works with other Computing Services and campus staff to integrate the UC system with other divisional and campus IT services (examples include email, telemangement systems,..)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field; or equivalent mix of education and experience.
- Licenses: Industry Certification (e.g. Cisco Certified Network Associate-Voice or related certification) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years experience deploying and supporting Cisco Unified Communications Platform, legacy voice network technologies and services such as Verizon Centrex. Experience with POTS, PRIs/ISDN, Voice Over IP, SIP, IP routing, switching, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and Ethernet.
- Skills: Ability to ensure the reliability and stability of the campus voice systems and services; understanding and application of theoretical knowledge of TCP/IP network environments. Capable of vendor management/relationship management with Telecom Service Providers. Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Strong analytical, organizational, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Physical Mobility: Requires wide range of mobility, i.e., ability to stoop, reach, bend at waist, grasp and pick up objects, maneuver in cramped areas, perform minor repairs to equipment, stand for long periods of time, lift and carry equipment and other heavy materials. Good eye/hand coordination. Must be able to access wiring closets and work in small spaces. Must have manual dexterity with small tools. Must be able to lift and maneuver objects of at least 50 pounds. Must be able to stand on a ladder to perform overhead work on ceiling-mounted equipment.
- Environmental Conditions: Ability to use a computer keyboard and display for extended periods.
- Mental: Strong organizational and problem solving skills. Ability to learn new technologies.
- Other: Ability to provide technical support on a 24x7 basis is required. Weekend and evening hours may be required. Will require periodic 24-hour on-call availability on a rotating shift.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- Licenses: Cisco Certified Network Expert-Voice (CCIE-V) or Cisco Certified Network Professional-Voice (CCNP-V)
- Experience: Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Communications technologies, including Unified Communications Manager 8.x and 9.x, Unity Connection, Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Unified Presence and Cisco Jabber. Experience with Cisco UCS platform and VMware. Four or more years experience deploying and supporting VoIP networks, as well as experience configuring switches, routers, and firewalls. Previous experience in a higher education environment.
Regular Full Time
VOIP SERVICES (COMP SVCS)
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Carnegie Mellon University - 12 months ago
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...