Senior Unified Communications Engineer
will provide subject matter expertise and vendor management for several installations in parallel.
They must provide technical skills that cover a broad range of telephony disciplines and/or a particular technical discipline that is of significance to HCA. Provide Technical leadership to a highly visible, strategic corporate initiative responsible for upgrading foundational Voice Systems in facilities across the HCA enterprise deploying on an accelerated schedule, ultimately being accountable for the tactical plan and quality of the department and project.
Must be able to manage several large IP Telephony deployments in parallel while maintaining high customer satisfaction and achieving project timelines and milestones.
Extraordinary analytical and project experience, very high degree of creativity; in depth knowledge of the business implications of technical approaches, advanced project planning and coordination skills, superior communication skills, success in subordinate positions.
Specific responsibilities include vendor management, leading project meetings; provide IP Telephony, specifically Cisco Call Manager, expertise to the project.
(In PRIORITY order.)
- Manage an IP Telephony refresh for multiple facilities across the HCA enterprise and supported customers.
- Maintain relationships with significant HCA Vendors along with several secondary vendors as key delivery mechanisms in the overall deployment strategy of the project.
- Understand User Requirements and find appropriate solutions within the standard design
- Document gaps between user requirements and design standards.
- Provide subject matter expertise to field and corporate resources
- Maintain relationships with key constituents in the facility, markets, and divisions.
- Interface and communicate with all areas affected by the project.
- Identify and resolve issues of tactical importance.
- Respond to leadership issues and information requests within defined areas of responsibility as required.
- Create, develop and maintain a customer focus that includes effective working relationships with key corporate and field teams to ensure through and ongoing understanding of project scope.
- Maintains required records, reports, and statistics as directed.
- Works with the Team Lead in controlling cost and working within the assigned budget.
- Monitors the quality of the project's and vendor's customer service.
- Performs duties with little or no supervision in an independent manner.
70% Implement and support Cisco Call Manager and supporting technologies
15% Facilitate the resolution of gaps between user requirements and solution standards
15% Implement and support integration of products to the UC architecture
5-7 years Relevant Work Experience
Other preferred/required experience:
- Experience implementing and supporting Cisco and/or Nortel systems required
- College Graduate Preferred
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- CCNA –Voice or CCVP strongly preferred
- Office environment but at times may include patient care settings.
- Must be able to lift server components to build, rack and configure servers.
- Some after hours work will be required occasionally.
- Possible prolonged sitting at workstation.
- 20% travel
- Pro-longed sitting
HCA Inc - 17 months ago