Express is a specialty apparel and accessories retailer of women's and men's merchandise, targeting the 20 to 30 year old customer. The Company has over 30 years of experience offering a distinct combination of fashion and quality for multiple lifestyle occasions at an attractive value addressing fashion needs across work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. The Company currently operates over 600 retail stores, located primarily in high-traffic shopping malls, lifestyle centers, and street locations across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada, and also distributes its products through the Company's e-commerce website, www.express.com .
The Sr. UC Engineer is responsible for defining and supporting engineering solutions in support of all initiatives. This position requires strong capabilities to drive the technical direction for multi-disciplined technical teams deploying and supporting network services. Responsibilities include translating complex business requirements and aligning the appropriate Infrastructure solution to support business needs. The Sr. UC Engineer has responsibility for delivering Network Services Infrastructure solutions support at the enterprise level (multiple products and systems). Accountability includes planning, design, implementation, and testing activities, to create production-ready configurations in the delivery of all Network Services Infrastructure via business focused projects. The position will provide technical support in developing methodology, process, and standards for measuring network and application related key performance indicators such as end to end application response time, latency and overall through-put. The Sr. UC Engineer is also accountable for the effectiveness, quality of service, performance tuning, capacity management, and implementation success of the Network Services Infrastructure.
• Support daily operations related to the Network environments such as capacity management, performance monitoring, reporting, provisioning, and network systems connectivity. Ability to provide after hours (on-call) support, and maintain a flexible work schedule to accommodate planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
• Provide Tier 3 support for Home Office, NY Design Studio, Atlanta Data Center, e-Commerce, and Store Operations
Mentorship & Infrastructure Operability
• Recommend and execute network infrastructure hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades, and performance tuning of multiple environments while leveraging vendor relationships and expertise as required. Deliver operational and technical mentorship to Unified Communications Engineers/OPS/TSC in support of critical production systems.
• Focus on core Routing/Switching, Disaster Recovery, SoNET, WAN, Firewalls, and Load Balancers
Architecture & Design
• Provide Network Infrastructure design, implementation, and support recommendations to information technology partners and IT leadership with an emphasis on availability, security, integrity, and optimal performance.
• Attend high level meetings and establish cross functional partnership across the business. Responsible for complex project oversight, including task delegation among participating team members and ownership of deliverables.
Risk, Compliance, Sustainability & Process Improvement
• Ability to consistently adhere to change and incident management policies when implementing system changes and addressing problem resolution.
Performance Monitoring & Capacity Management
• Consistently monitoring infrastructure systems of strategic assets to provide a framework that support all mission critical systems and functions.
• Responsible for appropriate escalation including directly interfacing with vendors to resolve issues.
• Education: This position requires a Technical Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years equivalent experience working with Unified Communications
• Certifications: CCNP Voice
o CUCM - Cisco Unified Call Manager (8.x)
o Session Manager
o Call Center Express (UCCX)
o High Availability
o Understanding of various network protocols (EIGRP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, HSRP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP)
o TCP/IT networking
o Layer 2 and Layer 3 topologies
o Disaster Recovery and business continuity planning
• Experience providing technical leadership for establishment and implementation of high availability Network Services Infrastructure solutions, including convergence of data, voice and multimedia services
• Experience with an eCommerce platform in a high availability environment strongly preferred
• Demonstrated full lifecycle project management with responsibility for deliverables
• Required to provide 24x7 on-call technical support
• Strong experience working with Cisco routing, switching, MPLS, and Security as demonstrated by a minimum of 5-7 years of experience working with such equipment
• Candidates will be required to provide 24x7 on-call technical support
• Extensive knowledge and experience with technical security controls and vulnerabilities including Authentication systems, Virtual Private Networks, Vulnerability scanners, Firewalls, and other network security devices
• Certifications or equivalent work experience with the technology vendors such as EMC/RSA, McAfee, and Cisco
• Extensive knowledge and experience installing, analyzing, and troubleshooting networking technology including TCP/IP, Routers, Switching, VLANs, LANs, WANs and Wireless systems
• Understanding of Cisco VoIP services (SIP, QOS)
• Experience in Cisco Unified Wireless
• Understanding of Windows Server, VMware, EMC, and SQL knowledge highly desired
• In depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking; data communications, network infrastructure and operating systems, and DNS network/internet protocols (SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, Windows Domain services)
An equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Express Fashion - 10 months ago