We are looking for someone who has a great positive attitude, highly intelligent, motivated to learn and grow within the organization. If you are an overachiever and want to contribute to a team that will truly appreciate your dedication and hard work, then consider a career at ShoreTel. If you want to play an integral part in helping our Cloud Division become the #1 Market Leader in Cloud Unified Communications, then we would like to hear from you.
- Build and maintain Unix and Linux servers.
- Design and build a high-availability system infrastructure for an internet-based software service.
- Perform general system maintenance: OS updates and upgrades, file system, user administration.
- Manage web servers and load balancers.
- Manage and maintain a SQL-server production database and mySQL monitoring databases.
- Configure and administer SNMP traps and monitoring systems.
- Configure and maintain firewalls and VPN concentrators.
- Perform enterprise and server backups. Install, configure and manage data storage arrays.
- Build, monitor, and maintain a VMWare virtual host environment.
- Create and execute scripts to perform needed system functions. Work with vendors to order servers, switches, and routers.
- Manage maintenance contracts with various vendors.
- Linux system administration experience and/or education. Experience with Linux clusters.
- GFS experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of x86 architecture.
- Experience with Cacti, Nagios, Graphite, and SNMP (or similar). Knowledge of VMWare a plus.
- Experience with storage arrays a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Solaris and Linux. Extensive knowledge of the IP protocol suite and associated troubleshooting.
- Experience with Security, firewall, and intrusion detection.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting DNS and VPN systems. Programming skills (bash, php, python, perl, java); experience with svn/eclipse a plus Voice platform (SIP, SCCP, RTP, TFTP) skills a plus.
- Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Apache knowledge a plus.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills.
B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
ShoreTel - 20 months ago