The Senior UI Designer will perform complex product design and implementation of features utilizing the .NET Framework, Visual Studio 2010, C#, WPF/XAML and associated technologies. This position will leverage their creativity, user interface, and graphic design experience to take ownership of the UI design, working closely with Product Managers, Business Analylist and industry experts. The UI Designer will form a deep understanding of user personas and how those personas will consume and interact with product data while performing their duties. The Senior UI Designer Engineer is responsible for participating in architecture decisions, developing new applications, enhancing existing applications, solving problems, and resolving defects. The position will review requirements, design the features (including the relevant documentation), develop application prototypes, participate in design and code reviews, and program (including unit testing). Position must demonstrate demonstrate technical excellence in work, as well as contribute to the team’s continued success by increasing technical knowledge. Position is responsible for following our development process and contributing to process implementation. Position provides feedback to colleagues in design reviews, code reviews, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, in group settings as well as one-on-one. Must be willing to work on existing applications (including defect repairs) as well as develop new features. The designer must be able to take direction and be able to work independently to implement. Must be able to communicate professionally and positively with TriTech clients.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design, develop, implement, integrate and maintain scalable C# UI components within the Microsoft .NET framework
• Research and identify new technologies and development tools
• Develop new enhancements to products in the TriTech suite of applications. This includes participating in requirement review, design, and development.
• Provide maintenance on existing code for products in the TriTech suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
• Provide a third-tier of support for the products in the TriTech suite of applications.
• Play a supporting role in product architecture design, assisting the Engineering Software Architects as necessary.
• Operate as a mentor to associate and mid-level engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing.
• Share technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings (such as the Brown Bag University).
• Play an active and vocal role in design and code reviews for products throughout the TriTech suite of applications.
• Participate in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
• Provide weekly reports to management indicating the status of assigned project work in accordance with department policies.
• Provide accurate, timely, and detailed work notes and status in the company issue tracking system.
• Other tasks and projects as assigned.
• WPF/XAML (minimum 5 years)
• Visual Studio.NET, C# (minimum 5 years), ASP.NET (a plus)
• Experience with Telerik .NET UI Controls
• Strong understanding of DataTemplates, including DataTriggers and ControlTemplates
• Effective with using Styles including PropertyTriggers
• Understanding of extension methods exposed in XAML
• Experience creating custom controls and effective with DependancyObjects and DependancyProperties
• Experience in ValidationRule classes
• Experience with transitions, animations and StoryBoards
• Experience with Blend and ability to create basic icons is a plus
• Graphics design experience (minimum 3 years)
• SQL (minimum 5 years); T-SQL (minimum 5 years)
• COM (minimum 3 years)
• XML (minimum 3 years)
• OOD/OOP (minimum 5 years)
• Visual Basic 6.0 (3 years) desired, but not required
• Full lifecycle experience (minimum 5 years)
• Experience with Agile development process highly desirable
• Architecture and design work (minimum 5 years)
• Ability to share his/her technical knowledge with others
• Highly developed communication skills
• Self-directed, capable of independent work
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
• Experience with telephony systems (within public safety (911) a plus
• GIS experience is helpful
• Public safety industry experience is helpful
B.S. in Computer Science or related field. Industry certification desired. If not held, the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) in C# will be required within the first year of employment.
General office environment. Some travel may be required.
TriTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V