LPL Financial was founded with a pioneering vision to help entrepreneurial financial advisors establish successful businesses through which they could offer truly independent financial guidance and advice. Today, LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading diversified financial services companies and the largest independent broker/dealer supporting more than 13,500 financial advisors nationwide. We are also an enabling partner to a broad range of banks and credit unions, as well as broker/dealers at leading financial services companies.
By tailoring our programs and services to the unique needs of our partners, we help them to stay focused on their core areas of expertise, while enabling them to provide outstanding service and financial advisory strategies to their clients. Being 100% committed to the success of the financial professionals we serve is what has helped LPL Financial become one of the leading diversified financial services organizations in the country, with headquarters in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
The objective of this role is to work closely with the Advisory Platform Strategy SVP and others in the Investment Platform Solutions team to bring competitive and business insights to the team for purposes of proactive evolution of strategic vision and implementation of strategic priorities. This role will also be responsible for keeping senior management apprised of competitor developments, trends and recommending reactive approach to addressing gaps that emerge.
- Create and maintain a resident knowledge of competitive intelligence including industry trends, firm specific developments, etc. This includes monitoring industry publications, trade publications, etc. An important aspect of this process is developing relationships and networking with key sponsor partners, attending industry conferences and events, etc.
- Keep current on all significant developments with key competitors such as custodians, wirehouses, etc. (e.g. recent Schwab and Fidelity ETF NTF platform announcements), formulate recommended LPL response, if appropriate, communicate to senior management
- Lead efforts to develop and implement pricing strategy and pricing changes across the Advisory platforms, keep competitive pricing grid vs. others in the industry updated. This can include business case/analysis, soliciting feedback internally and from Advisors on proposals, formulating and presenting proposals to pricing committee, etc.
- Work cooperatively with Finance to develop and maintain platform and business profitability metrics, measures, benchmarks, etc. And work cooperatively with Finance to develop and support business cases for investments and initiatives.
- Create, maintain, update, and regular presentation and communication to senior management of business metrics and competitive intelligence
- Regular communication with Executive Management at LPL. Written work and findings intended to be included in any Board presentations.
The position requires keen strategic thinking and analytical skills, outstanding project management experience, excellent time management skills, team and leadership skills with a pragmatic results orientation. The incumbent must be able to balance a collaborative approach with driving their own independent efforts all while effectively working with professionals across all levels of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced organization.
Specifically, candidates should have and be able to demonstrate:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
- Strong, creative strategic thinking skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, development of actionable recommendations and implantation of those recommendations
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written – and a strong senior executive presence
- Highly collaborative with experience in leading and influencing teams and individuals across lines of business, functional areas and different levels of an organization
- Strong understanding of and experience in driving change in an organization
- Action orientation and desire to roll-up sleeves, get hands dirty and dig into the depths of the business
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Grace under pressure, comfort with ambiguity and a sense of humor
- Strong team work, leadership and interpersonal skills
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree plus 7 – 15 years experience post-degree in management consulting, and/or strategic business development preferably in financial services
- Prior line operating management experience a strong plus
- People management and development skills and experience
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
LPL Financial Services - 10 months ago