Based in Los Angeles, the Senior Vice President will be responsible for performing credit analysis across the metals and mining industries.
- Performing fundamental analysis of existing and prospective credits within assigned industries.
- Conducting research and preparing industry and company reports.
- Developing and updating financial projections and cash-flow forecasts for credits within coverage industries.
- Attending roadshows (mostly one-on-ones), company presentations and industry conferences.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with sell-side analysts, industry contacts and corporate issuers.
- Providing training to junior analysts and research associates.
- Participating in the weekly research meeting.
- The successful candidate will have outstanding initiative and be a self-starter.
- The candidate must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- He/She will be team-oriented, collaborative and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from a top university or college; MBA and CFA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience in high yield bonds research primarily on the buy side. Deep knowledge of the metals and mining industries and a superior track record of credit selection.
- Have experience in structuring deals as a lead investor and negotiating bond convenants.
Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. - 2 years ago
For everyone who wants to try it before they buy it, Flexpaq Corporation offers a solution. The company manufactures samples for cosmetic,...