RBC MINISTRIES JOB POSTING
Job Title: Senior Vice President for Finance (CFO)
Job Code: Exempt
Reports to: President/CEO
Work Team: Executive/Finance
Assume a strategic role in the overall management of the Ministry’s global
work. Primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing
and controlling all financial-related activities of the Ministry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the Ministry’s overall (global) financial strategy,
plans and policies along with its accounting practices and the conduct of its
relationship within each country's financial community.
2. Directs and maintains the financial philosophy, guidelines, and
policies/procedures for the global work of RBC.
3. Serves RBC's executive leadership with controls that provide timely
analysis, projections and counsel relative to financial strategy, plans, current
status & health of financial revenue and expense performance, investments,
etc. Assures effective & timely financial reporting and management
tools/systems. Provides leadership in the development for the continuous
evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
4. Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance & accounting
functions of the Ministry.
5. Establish and maintain strong relationships with other senior vice
presidents and executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of
ministry and financial solutions.
6. Provide Executive Management with advice on the financial implications
of Ministry activities.
7. Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation
and reporting to the Ministry.
8. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance
and viability vis-à-vis ministry opportunities.
9. Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure
compliance with non-profit accounting standards and applicable regulatory laws
and rules for financial and tax reporting.
10. Oversee finance directors in providing and directing procedures and
systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting
controls and services.
11. Appraise each RBC global entity's financial position and oversee
periodic financial and operating reports. Direct and coordinate the
establishment of corporate budget planning and control programs.
12. Propose policies for the establishment and maintenance of inventory
levels for raw materials, supplies, material-in-process, and finished goods.
13. Oversee all aspects of the Ministry's asset risk management including
insurance program in coordination with the Senior Vice President for Ministry
14. Review and participate in approving all major contracts that have a
financial impact on RBC Ministries (including contracts for legal services when
15. Oversee as the President of the RBC Ministries Foundation - its
investments (in accordance with RBC investment policy), annuities and other
16. Assist the President / CEO and the Executive Management team with
various overall business decisions as they pertain to the operations of RBC
17. Has specific responsibility for assuring that the necessary and
appropriate accounting and statistical data for all departments of the ministry
are provided as needed.
Study or Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
Ten years experience in finance and accounting, including five years experience
as a CFO or management role in the application of business finance.
Experience in a not-for-profit organization is preferred.
International Finance experience desired.
RBC Ministries - 16 months ago