Community Education Centers (CEC) is a leading provider of residential treatment programs designed to prepare inmates to reenter society, in-prison treatment services, and jail management. We operate in 18 states with over 4000 staff working with thousands of individuals in our daily care. CEC provides a full range of therapeutic residential and non-residential reentry services with a documented record of reducing repeat arrests.
CEC is currently seeking a Senior Vice President, Business Development to work in our corporate office in West Caldwell , NJ who can develop and implement strategies for achieving business development objectives. This includes the development of successful relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including corrections industry executives and elected officials at the federal, state and county level. The SVP, Business Development will also provide leadership and counsel for staff, serve as part of the senior management team, and work with the key stakeholders toward the betterment of CEC. This position reports to the President/CEO.
The qualified candidate for this opportunity will:
Masters Degree in business, political science, public relations or a related field with law degree preferred
- Develop deep awareness of CECs business and develop and execute a business development implementation plan aligned with the CEC mission in order to identify appropriate opportunities.
- Lead the Proposal Department to analyze and write winning proposals
- Educate and market the CEC continuum of care to key officials at the federal, state and county levels
- Direct and manage external corrections industry consultants and lobbyists as needed
- Follow and monitor legislation or regulations that impact CEC marketing opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with key public officials at the federal, state and county level and engage with them to advance policy positions that are favorable to the CEC mission
- Facilitate internal and external communications to ensure pro-business outcomes.
- Manage proactive and reactive media situations, including executive communications, press releases and crisis communication. Will serve as a company spokesperson when needed
- Maintain relationships with key reporters and media agencies, proactively identify media opportunities, and organize public relations events
- Foster ongoing relationships with other industry leaders via trade association participation.
At least 15 years' experience in business development, with substantial experience with county, state and federal agencies in a multi-state environment
Successful and proven Private and Public Corrections industry experience
Must have extensive knowledge of politics and the legislative process
Must posses exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to influence others
Position requires 50% travel
In addition to the highly rewarding benefits of this stimulating and challenging position, you will also receive an attractive salary and participate in our management incentive plan.
To apply please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community Education Centers, Inc. - 22 months ago