The Senior Vice President of Field is responsible and accountable for the effective management of the company’s portfolio of third party owned properties. This includes residential and commercial properties, homeowner associations and ancillary business lines. This position will proactively lead, supervise, coach, mentor, train and hold accountable the employees, vendors and licensed brokerages, (“Resources”) to achieve established goals, and will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Management Team to ensure successful deployment and sustainability of the company’s property management business.
Supervisory Responsibilities (70%)
• Direct, supervise, hold accountable, manage, motivate and train the activities of VP’s, RD’s, PM’s, IC’s, and maintenance and residential staff ( collectively the “Property Management Team”) ensuring that they employ the best professional methods, practices, and standards to all services
• Communicate with Property Management Team using consistent regular meeting rhythms by either personal contact, e-video conferencing or telephone; thereby, establishing a personal relationship
• Mentor, coach and counsel Property Management Team in order to ensure “Right People, Right Positions” and effectively meet the needs of the Customers and Clients monitoring results and employee turnover rates to maximize earnings and enhance Client and companies experience in compliance with key metrics
• Ensure the Company’s corporate policies including, but not limited to, management operations, accounting, and Client related policies are followed
• Utilizing Key Performance Metrics evaluate the performance level of properties/regions and implement methods of improvement as required to meet and exceed client expectations
• Foster a positive work environment through implementation, facilitation and personal practice of core values thereby emulating leadership best practices to provide for the professional growth and development of employees
• Manage and negotiate contracted services, providing contract as appropriate to the COO for execution
• Accountable for managing Client/Customer relations to the highest customer service standards, thereby consistently improving overall NPS/eNPS ratings for Clients/Customers, vendors and employees to increase Client/Customer loyalty and to promote the company as “service centric”
• Manage and maintain policy/scripts with Customer Care Center to ensure all tenant and future tenant calls are captured and process is identified through resolution of a lease or tenant response requested
• Conduct regional visits regularly, Inspect properties to ensure building presentation and operations are in accordance with management directives and to ensure efficient utilization of equipment and personnel and provide recommendations and observations to improve the property management operations of the regions
• Assume management responsibility for all property management services, including management, leasing, and maintenance and identification and supervision major capital improvement projects
• Assist the Property Management Team with establishing and maintaining offices inclusive of obtaining all service, maintenance and security agreements and submitting same for final approval to COO
• Ensure that Property Management Team records are kept in good order and all submissions are made timely and accurately as well as manage the retention of property/Property Management Team files and records
• Manage security and emergency plans for properties/regions, such as after hour emergencies
• Assist COO as needed
Fiscal, Company, Brand Integrity and Risk Management (25%)
• Ensures safety procedures are followed and a safe work environment is maintained to ensure the safety and welfare of employees, tenants, and contractors, (“Customers”)
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Develop, direct and oversee operating/expense/capital budgets and business plan consistent with the company’s objectives, maintain controls including to ensure budget appropriations are not exceeded as well as supervise the disbursement of Client and company funds, forecast spending needs and analyze variances
• Create/implement policies and controls purchase control system that will incorporate approval authority and spending limits per position to achieve objectives using performance metrics inclusive of operating ratio’s, ROI and EBIDTA and take corrective action if necessary using the financial ratios to measure the performance of third party management contracts by vertical, Client, and region
• Monitor unit turnover rates/Property Revenue to maximize earnings and enhance Client and companies profitability and report key metrics
• Identify and ensure Property Management Team identifies investment properties, third party management opportunities, cost saving opportunities and propose creative strategies to maximize the ability to generate additional income
• Respond to all calls and messages promptly (24-hours Client/officer and 48-hours all)
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Fleet Management (5%)
• Plan, direct, and coordinate the operation of vehicle maintenance allowances
• Develop and monitor controls regarding employee usage of personal vehicles for company business, including licensing and renewal criteria for drivers, and fleet scheduling
• Prepare costs analysis and periodic management and operational reports to inform company of needs and risk management strategies
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to travel, travel is moderate to high 50%-75%
• Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet corporate goals within desired timeframe
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity and report and analyze metrics and use them to enhance performance.
• Oriented to strong Client and Customer service focus
• Strong interpersonal skills, coaching and mentoring skills, extroverted with an engaging people focused demeanor with an infectious, positive attitude that inspires others
• Strong communication skills with the ability to resolve conflicts
• Ability to work independently (self-accountability) and as a member of various teams and committees (team accountability) with sound judgment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Project Management Applications
• Strong skillset in service/hospitality industry
• Strong managerial background
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or MBA desirable in Business or related field from a 4-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• 10 years of related service/hospitality management experience, 5-7 years of experience working in a senior manager role managing people and assets
• Active or inactive Real Estate Broker License a plus, must be prepared to obtain a Real Estate License within 4-months of employment
• Real Estate or Service Credentialing a plus
Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs; Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing. The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time. Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends occasionally. Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Driving required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the position in the subject line.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The candidate selected for this position must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
First Service Residential Realty - 18 months ago