Quartz is seeking an exceptional Senior Visual Designer to join our growing team in our Soho headquarters.
This is an opportunity to work directly with our edit, development, and sales teams to define and execute the evolving user experience and aesthetic of a groundbreaking digital news product. The ideal candidate will be intensely collaborative and highly practical, with the ability to handle a wide variety of design challenges. We are looking for someone who enjoys working independently, taking initiative and is constantly pushing the bounds of what is expected.
Our team’s mandate is to be bold and creative, and we believe design is a core skill and mindset for our organization. Our senior visual designer will sit alongside editors and reporters and developers, and is encouraged to engage at all levels in the daily life of the newsroom.
- Developing and executing original concepts and product enhancements across mobile, tablet and desktop platforms, working in partnership with key stakeholders
- Troubleshooting complex user experience challenges with elegant design solutions
- Balancing technology, business strategy, content strategy, and workflow to further the Quartz product
- Partnering with the marketing services design team to evolve brand identity and collateral
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Proven experience in an interactive design role with a portfolio that spans mobile, tablet and web products
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator, working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- General understanding of code frameworks and their design implications
- Experience creating wireframes, information architecture, and A/B testing
- UX and UI obsessed, with a solid understanding of changing design and development trends across the web
- Can easily communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex ideas and concepts to a broader team of stakeholders
- Has an excellent understanding of the digital production process, including working with developers through conception to QA
- Interest in global news and journalism is a strong plus, as is an obsession with building the future of media
We look for people who embody Quartz: creative, insightful, worldly, and a little nerdy. This is a fun place to work, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help us shape Quartz from the ground up.
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer