Atlantic Media Strategies is the digital strategy and creative services division of Atlantic Media. As a hard-charging team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, and marketers, we help clients build powerful communities and create smart, substantive content, applying the cutting-edge practices of leading media brands.
In its first year, Atlantic Media Strategies has already attracted prestigious clients, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to non-profits to fast-growing start-ups and other media companies.
Atlantic Media Strategies is seeking a Senior Visual Designer to develop innovative concepts and creative solutions for a variety of online products. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest and most iconic brands, and the ideal candidate will have a portfolio that demonstrates strong branding and identity experience, infographic design, and a user-centric approach to designing high velocity content properties and complex architectural systems. He or she will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the project team, developing wireframes and designs for a wide variety of projects, executing designs based on established style guides, participating in visual design presentations to clients, and developing design specs for production. He or she will work closely with the editorial team to create compelling visual storytelling and with the product and technology teams to ensure feasibility and scalability of design.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
This job can be based in Washington, DC or New York, NY.
- Ability to create high-fidelity designs, detailed wireframes, and production-ready design assets
- Ability to work on accelerated timelines and to juggle multiple projects while still executing creative and flawless design
- Ability to manage full-site redesigns or new site launches
- Knowledge of user-centered design methods and techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of mobile and responsive design; experience with application (mobile/tablet app) design a plus
- Understanding of web and mobile web standards, web browser capabilities, and common web technologies (AJAX, HTML5, dHTML, XML, and CSS3)
- Experience creating of logos, ads/microsites (Flite), icons, and banners and other items related to corporate identity and branding
- Experience designing for HTML email newsletter templates
- Highly proficient with wireframing and design tools (eg, Adobe Creative Suite Applications, OmniGraffle, Hotgloo, Axure)
- Experience working on media/publishing sites preferred
Atlantic Media Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.