Position: Senior Visual Designer, HTC Global Digital Marketing
Location: Bellevue, WA
Founded in 1997, HTC built its reputation as the behind-the-scenes designer and manufacturer of many of the most popular smartphones on the market.
Since 2006, we have regularly introduced critically acclaimed phones and tablets under our own brand, powered by Android and Windows Phone.
We are dedicated to creating the most personal experience for our customers and believe that each mobile device needs to fit its owner, and not the other way around. What we make is not merely the product of focus group tests, but of observing and honoring how individuals choose to interact with technology.
Our customers guide everything we do at HTC, and it’s this commitment that defines the company.
The Team: Global Marketing Design Team
The Global Digital Marketing Design Team sets both the visual design and user experience for HTC.com consumer facing experiences. The team defines and executes on innovative design solutions, which will contribute to a strong digital brand strategy and engaging consumer experience.
Designers on this team are passionate about our unique opportunity to craft an exciting, engaging, branded experience for HTC digital properties. This growing team is looking for proactive creative thinkers to collaborate and energize the overall digital experience for HTC.com. Team members will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the global digital experience, with the goal of driving engagement, conversion and brand awareness.
• The Senior Visual Designer will work closely with and report to the Art Director to produce innovative visual designs for the Global Digital Marketing team.
• Create and deliver high fidelity web, mobile, and UI designs based on project goals and creative direction from the Art Director.
• Take approved designs and develop interactive states and versions for additional views and roles.
• Design powerful visual designs that compl
iment the UX and UI designs provided by UX designers.
• Collaborate and confer with copywriters, UX designers, and visual designers.
• Present design work to Art Director and Creative Director for review and approval.
• Constantly research current design trends to create engaging concepts that enhance the brand, while focusing on user-centered design standards.
• Drive the development and maintenance of design style guides, documentation, and asset management.
• Be proactive in offering your own creative ideas in brainstorming sessions with the Design Team.
What you bring to the role:
• 6+ years of focused design experience with the majority emphasis on web design.
• 2+ experience managing junior designers, or other team members.
• Strong visual design understanding with an awareness of the impact of typography, layout and composition, color theory, grid systems and use of photography.
• The visual design skills to produce professional-quality visual design concepts and specifications.
• Ability to manage own schedule and work efficiently to produce quality deliverables and consistently meet deadlines.
• Experience in brand & style guide management.
• Have working experience in both visual design and user experience design.
• Mastery of leading design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Familiarity with prototyping tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle or Balsamiq a huge plus.
• BA/BS in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or closely related field.
We should get to know each other if you:
• Are thrilled by the chance to ship designs of your own creation to be used by millions of users.
• Have an online portfolio that demonstrates strong visual design skills for a variety of projects/clients, and platforms.
• Have experience designing for web and mobile.
• Have a clear understanding of user-centered design and aesthetic design principles.
• Are passionate about current design and branding trends, and are constantly looking to push your own designs toward innovation.
• See design as both a cultural and strategic activity.
• Free agents with both corporate and consulting backgrounds are highly appreciated.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HTC - 17 months ago