RingCentral provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments.
The VOIP Gateway Engineer is responsible for designing, testing, implementing, and managing routing for the voice network infrastructure. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, the ability to document processes, and execute and create MOPs, as well as assist the Network Operations Center in troubleshooting and fixing customer-related issues.
- Network design for multi-state softswitch deployment.
- Capacity management and planning with other departments to ensure 5-9’s telephony network with superior QoS.
- Act as the voice (VOIP) gateway SME within the company and the softswitch vendor.
- Open and manage trouble tickets with the softswitch vendor; escalating when necessary.
- Interface with NOC and other departments to resolve network related issues quickly and efficiently.
- Create/contribute training material for related departments, best practices for network monitoring, capacity engineering, and deployment strategies.
- Frequently use organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills to manage high level information and projects with varying degrees of priority.
- Collect and research data, identify relationships and dependencies, summarize data and findings, and resolve problems and generate reports.
- Constantly work in a team environment, effectively and efficiently achieving goals, improving processes, and resolving problems.
- 5+ years experience in Tier 3 or Tier 4 technical support, as well as network architecture, engineering and deployment within a Carrier Class telephony network covering multiple states.
- Must have hands-on experience and SME knowledge in the following areas:
- Capacity engineering for TDM to SIP VOIP gateway
- IP routing schemes for real-time voice traffic
- PSTN trunk interfacing using SigTran
- DACS for facilities test and turn-up with other carriers
- Session border controller configuration and sustainment
- VoIP protocols such as SIP, MGCP, H.323, RTR, VLAN, QoS
- Network requirements, i.e. CALEA, E911
- Technologies (VPN, MPLS, VLAN, IPSec, Ethernet, IP Routing)
RingCentral is a leader in cloud computing based business phone systems, with tens of thousands of business customers and has earned top industry honors, including the PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award, the Small Business Computing Excellence in Technology Award, and the 2010 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral is privately held with backing from Silicon Valley based venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, and DAG Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.ringcentral.com.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Founded in 1993, RingCentral, Inc. is a leading supplier of PC-based fax and telephony communications software. The company makes and distri...