Palo Alto, CA
As a key member of our Ads/Analytics engineering team, you will design build, and enhance TuneIn-branded products distributing, delivering and collection Ads and Analytics on a global scale. This is a unique opportunity to architect, design and implement high-visibility applications that directly support over 40M monthly active users.
Ideal candidates have a pragmatic approach to Architecture and Design with a bent for light-weight, core Java web-based development (nearly framework-free). Experience with globally distributed, cloud-based deployments and the nuances associated with these topologies is a plus.
- Build for code at scale with a relentless focus on performance and reliability. These are always-on environments with millions of users interacting with the application every hour of the day.
- Play a key role in defining and delivering on our build-and-deploy infrastructure with a focus on continuous deployment.
- Optimize code for n-number of consuming platforms (iOS, Android, Web, and a plethora of existing and onboarding partners).
- Create technical specifications and schedule estimates for new products, then execute from start to finish.
- Convert wireframes, high fidelity comps or both to simple, efficient and functional code
- Shape product strategy and direction by interacting directly with business owners and end users.
- Target users on multiple devices (mobile, desktop, TV) in multiple, geographically-distributed locations using the smallest possible code footprint.
- Break down and solve complex interaction and technical problems.
- Contribute to development of APIs, which are used by thousands of partners worldwide.
Nice to have experience:
- Mastery of core Java and general API web-stack engineering (HTTP/S, Local/Distributed Caching, RESTful Services, High-availability web-based architectures).
- Capacity to look beyond problem solving to discover first principles and common patterns, i.e., the ability to see the forest from the trees.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
- Easygoing, enthusiastic personality and a good sense of humor.
- Ability to execute with minimal oversight while responding within an agile, collaborative team.
- 7+ years experience delivering popular consumer web applications.
- College degree in CS- or significant coursework completed towards a CS or other technical degree.
- Healthy drive to test software and watch others do the same.
- Passion for building great software + love of music, talk radio or both.
About Engineering @ TuneIn
- Experience architecting and designing applications leveraging AWS, Rackspace, Azure or similar.
- Experience building a public API supporting various client-specific requirements (client x consumes protocol x, client y consumes protocol y).
Our development organization offers the perfect balance in team size to impact — we are big enough that you don’t have to do everything yourself, yet small enough to let you own projects start to finish and focus on doing what you love most!