Palo Alto, CA
As a key member of our Ads/Analytics engineering team, you will design build, and enhance TuneIn-branded products distributing, delivering and collection Ads and Analytics on a global scale. This is a unique opportunity to architect, design and implement high-visibility applications that directly support over 40M monthly active users.
Ideal candidates have a pragmatic approach to Architecture and Design with a bent for light-weight, core Java web-based development (nearly framework-free). Experience with globally distributed, cloud-based deployments and the nuances associated with these topologies is a plus.
- Build for code at scale with a relentless focus on performance and reliability. These are always-on environments with millions of users interacting with the application every hour of the day.
- Play a key role in defining and delivering on our build-and-deploy infrastructure with a focus on continuous deployment.
- Optimize code for n-number of consuming platforms (iOS, Android, Web, and a plethora of existing and onboarding partners).
- Create technical specifications and schedule estimates for new products, then execute from start to finish.
- Convert wireframes, high fidelity comps or both to simple, efficient and functional code
- Shape product strategy and direction by interacting directly with business owners and end users.
- Target users on multiple devices (mobile, desktop, TV) in multiple, geographically-distributed locations using the smallest possible code footprint.
- Break down and solve complex interaction and technical problems.
- Contribute to development of APIs, which are used by thousands of partners worldwide.
Nice to have experience:
- Mastery of core Java and general API web-stack engineering (HTTP/S, Local/Distributed Caching, RESTful Services, High-availability web-based architectures).
- Capacity to look beyond problem solving to discover first principles and common patterns, i.e., the ability to see the forest from the trees.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
- Easygoing, enthusiastic personality and a good sense of humor.
- Ability to execute with minimal oversight while responding within an agile, collaborative team.
- 7+ years experience delivering popular consumer web applications.
- College degree in CS- or significant coursework completed towards a CS or other technical degree.
- Healthy drive to test software and watch others do the same.
- Passion for building great software + love of music, talk radio or both.
About Engineering @ TuneIn
- Experience architecting and designing applications leveraging AWS, Rackspace, Azure or similar.
- Experience building a public API supporting various client-specific requirements (client x consumes protocol x, client y consumes protocol y).
Our development organization offers the perfect balance in team size to impact — we are big enough that you don’t have to do everything yourself, yet small enough to let you own projects start to finish and focus on doing what you love most!
TuneIn - 12 months ago