This position is responsible, as a senior member of the Web Development team, for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, testing, and supporting our web applications. All deliverables should be timely and cost effective. Assignments include analysis, data gathering, program logic development, coding, testing, documentation and various other tasks as requested by the Information Technology or Marketing team.
In collaboration with the Web Development team and the Marketing team, create strategy and objectives for the web development team and implement and monitor development plans for the entire organization.
Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to other members of the Web Development team.
Oversee and direct the project management of development requests from the organization.
Liaise with appropriate internal teams for development and implementation of resources, materials and proposals for solicitation and fundraising events.
Assist in the development of service level benchmarks and track service requests accordingly.
Report routinely on performance against these benchmarks.
Participate on, or lead teams, as appropriate, to address specific business requirements or to improve the overall efficiency of Heifer initiatives, business processes and work environments.
May perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of related experience.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Experience building scalable web applications as well as cross-browser web interfaces.
- Experience with CSS3, HTML5, PHP, jQuery, and .NET.
- Facebook Application development experience.
- Experience working with multiple API’s to reorganize disparate data sources.
- Experience working with object oriented code and experience working with mobile development frameworks such as jQuery Mobile, Sencha, etc.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector with awareness of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
- Knowledge of Information Technology techniques and quality assurance methodologies.
- Broad familiarity with and understanding of Heifer’s major functional areas and knowledge of data needs of the organization.
- Knowledge of the fundamental of supervising, leadership, team concepts, and human relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building web applications that can handle a large level of financial transactions.
- Familiar with model, view, controller framework.
- Must write maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a professional software engineering environment with source control, a development/staging/production release cycle and continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Ability to meet and deal with all levels of Heifer staff, volunteers, and outside organizations.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to conceptualize, logically identify and reason through issues/problems, make effective decisions and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks individually while under a full workload and tight deadlines.
- Ability to prepare and present documents and reports in a well-designed and attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to present technical information in user-friendly language.
- May require constant sitting and moving; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to logically identify and resolve issues and problems.
- Ability to function independently utilizing self-direction and motivational/minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
Heifer International - 2 years ago
It's not just a handout; it's a new way of life. Heifer Project International (known as Heifer International) runs more than 925...