Does the opportunity to be part of the core team behind a rapidly growing consumer Internet standout get you excited? Do you have a passion for fast-paced development in a high-energy environment? Do you like the idea of using your experience to make a significant mark on a platform that is currently expanding worldwide?
If so, this may be just the opportunity for you! Tencap Tennis is currently seeking a Senior Web Developer to join our growing team in Kansas City, Missouri.
The Senior Web Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining the ASP.NET Web Forms applications that power TencapTennis.com and a suite of related racquets sport websites.
The Senior Web Developer reports directly to the CTO and will work to deliver key website enhancements designed to improve the number of users on the platform, increase the percentage of users who are actively engaged on a weekly basis, and improve the ways that users interact with the website.
Skills & Experience
Eligible candidates will:
- have at least 3 years of Web development experience using the Microsoft.NET platform and the C# language
- have a demonstrable portfolio of consumer-facing applications that they have been responsible for developing and maintaining in the last 2 years
- extensive familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, and related tools.
Every candidate should possess at least 4 of the following:
- experience developing and maintaining ASP.NET Web Applications
- experience developing and maintaining ASP.NET Webservices or WCF Webservices
- a highly-focused attention to detail
- experience designing interactive user interfaces using JQuery
- experience integrating web applications with social media platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn
- a desire to learn something new every day
- experience writing TSQL for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later
- applied examples of solving tough problems in creative ways
Winning candidates will:
- enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- be highly motivated and able to work effectively with moderate supervision
- enjoy critical problem solving
- have a good sense of humor and tolerance for office antics
Bonus points for candidates who:
- have a passion for tennis (or racquetball, squash, or paddle tennis) – Tencap is all about racquet sports and your experience as a participant will jump start your understanding of how our technologies help players and organizers.
- enjoy working independently and with other development staff to solve real world problems
- have UX optimization experience
- have UI design experience and familiarity with tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
This position is an on-site development position at our corporate headquarters in Kansas City’s historic River Market district. We are not offering relocation or sponsorship at this time.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and market competitive. Please include your salary history and salary requirements when submitting your application.
About Tencap Tennis, LLC
Tencap Tennis is on a mission to exponentially grow participation in racquet sports by leveraging technology for the benefit of tennis organizers and players worldwide.
We help player find compatible partners, easily register for events in their communities, and earn and maintain an accurate and dynamic skill-based rating in their racquet sport(s) of choice.
We help organizers engage players in their community, streamline event administration and execution, and improve the way they communicate with their participants.
We do all this using while providing the industry’s best free social networking platform -- built to connect compatible players and making it easier to play the sports they love.
Featured clients include Life Time Fitness, Virgin Active Health Clubs (England), The Aristocrat Motors League (in our hometown, Kansas City), and hundreds of clubs, leagues and organizations throughout most of the lower 48 United States.