1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East
New York, New York
Senior Web/Graphic Designer – New York City Office
1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East is the largest, fastest-growing, most progressive healthcare union in the country, and we are looking for a Senior Web/Graphic Designer to work out of our New York City office.
The members of 1199SEIU are driven by a mission: to achieve affordable, quality healthcare for all. If you want to work in a creative, fast-paced, action-oriented environment, using the latest communications techniques and design principles to win campaigns, this job is for you.
This position focuses on new organizing – helping non-union workers join our union – and reports directly to the New Organizing Communications Director.
- Work with New Organizing communications staff and organizers to provide them with the design support needed to win campaigns.
- Create and oversee the visual strategy of campaigns and help guide and develop the work of other designers.
- Design newsletters, mailers, flyers, booklets and other printed material for our new organizing campaigns.
- Design websites, email blasts and other online media from the ground up and maintain current campaign websites.
- Design newspaper ads, billboards, online ads and other paid media.
- Design t-shirts, buttons, signs and other promotional materials.
- Ensure we are following optimal design principles and best practices, and there is a coherent, effective and consistent visual feel to all of our campaigns.
- Coordinate with printing and mail house vendors to make sure materials are delivered on time and bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Excellent ability to work closely with a team, accommodate requests from team members, and assimilate input from multiple sources.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, a positive, enthusiastic attitude and a commitment to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Must be extremely fast, highly efficient and able to handle a heavy production schedule with multiple changing deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in design required, master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency required in all necessary print and web design programs, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- At least 4 years experience in hands-on web and print design and production.
- Deep commitment to the labor movement, social justice and progressive causes.
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to shoot, edit and produce short campaign videos preferred.
- An ability and commitment to modeling pro-active leadership behavior and skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of databases preferred.
- Prior experience working or volunteering for a progressive political campaign, non-profit organization or union preferred.
- Experience taking quality digital photos preferred.
- Must work well under pressure and thrive in an environment with tight deadlines and irregular hours.
Excellent benefits including full medical and dental and competitive compensation.
1199SEIU is an affirmative action employer- women, people of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please include work samples with your resume.
Service Employees International Union - 10 months ago