The Application Analyst is responsible for leading in all facets of the systems development lifecycle for application enhancements and existing production systems of various sizes and complexities. The Application Analyst performs many of these tasks independently and communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. The Application Analyst may complete coding assignments when necessary to meet the needs of the business. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with appropriate teams to deliver software solutions according to SDLC best practices.
- Partner with the appropriate teams to expedite issue resolution and manage to SLAs.
- Lead and participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the appropriate teams. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- Establish priorities for enhancements/modifications of application.
- Develop programming specifications. May design, code and unit test application code using SDLC best practices for application services functions.
- Complete estimates and work plans independently as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates. Mentor team members in software development principles, patterns, processes and practices.
- May mentor or coach the day-to-day work activities of other junior team members.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 7 or more years experience in system analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- 5 or more years of direct experience working with Enterprise Application Integration, Message oriented Middleware or Service Oriented Architecture patterns and applications.
- 4 or more years direct experience designing and developing using WebMethods Integration Server v7.1.2 or v8.2
- Experience developing/implementing SOAP/REST Web Services.
- Experienced with creating of XML schema’s and data mapping.
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions utilizing webMethods BPMS and related tools
- Extensive experience in developing solutions utilizing Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and solid understanding of SOA lifecycle
- Knowledge of communicating via MQ Series or JMS queues
- Experience applying the WSDL First Development approach
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Passing score on a selected entry test for new hires. (Test selected based on project requirements).
- Experience with project planning.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- IS related associate degree, or a bachelor’s degree, or comparable work experience in an Information Systems position or related business position.
- J2EE skills is a plus including EJB, socket, RMI, and thread safe development).
- Experience developing integrations in the Retail/Manufacturing domains.
- 5 - 7 years in Applications Analyst role
- Prior experience with project planning with large size or large level complexity projects.
Kroger - 19 months ago