Blue Nile is currently seeking a Senior Website Developer (Senior Software Website Engineer) to join the Site Architecture team. In this position, you will be part of a small team of highly-skilled developers utilizing cutting-edge web technologies to develop Blue Nile's responsive web site. You will be responsible for investigating, selecting, and championing new browser-based and middle tier technologies; developing web site features that work gracefully on every smart phone, tablet, and PC regardless of screen size and device capability; and evangelizing responsive design technologies and best practices to your engineering and creative peers. If you have a passion for next-generation web technology and you want to be part of Blue Nile's solution to the challenges of device proliferation this job is for you.
Blue Nile seeks candidates who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment and demonstrate a record of achievement. The successful candidate will have strong problem solving skills, enthusiasm for learning new technologies, and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. Come make your mark at a small company where you have the opportunity to make a difference.
Blue Nile is a successful and growing company, started in 1999 and now the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and entertainment including CenturyLink and Safeco fields. We are close to transportation, the waterfront, and parks. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks and showers.
- Write production code. Develop features and functionality for the Blue Nile public website
- Bring responsive design to Blue Nile's website technology stack
- Develop prototypes in new technologies as needed
- Gain a deep understanding of the business and make key recommendations based on that understanding
- Provide web development leadership and mentoring, introducing new technologies and techniques to the teams
- Take responsibility for the quality of released software
- Participate in the planning of large projects using an Agile/Scrum iterative approach
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Five or more years of professional web development working on public-facing database-driven websites
- Experience with design patterns and frameworks. Experience with Spring MVC is preferred but not required
- Strong analysis, design, development, and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills; you will be working with a variety of technology and business leaders throughout the company
- Proven track record delivering high quality features to production