DNV - Globally vacant positions
Senior Welding Engineer, part time Job in Katy, TX | Job Seeker Portal
Senior Welding Engineer, part time
Asset Risk Management
1. Katy TX US 77449
2. Dublin Ohio US 43017
Job Description :
Det Norske Veritas (DNV) is a global provider of services for managing risk. An independent foundation with the objective of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV comprises 300 offices in 100 countries, with about 10,000 employees.
DNV is seeking a part time senior level engineer to work on welding, materials, nondestructive testing, and risk management projects. The position may be located in Dublin, Ohio or Houston, Texas.
Senior level engineers are expected to leverage their previous knowledge and experience to identify solutions for client’s needs. This person is expected to be a strong contributor in their area of expertise.
Successful applicant will work on a variety of projects related to the construction of new facilities and maintenance of in-service facilities. These projects will involve activities such as:
• Act as discipline expert in their field of expertise
• Under limited supervision, develops and assesses client welding and nondestructive testing programs for onshore and/or offshore pipelines and/or related facilities.
• Assess client pipeline girth welds and longitudinal seam welds for fitness for service
• Perform the most complex tasks and operate fully independently in the discipline
• Perform tasks related to qualification and application of in-service welding procedures for the installation of hot taps and welded repair sleeves
• Interacts with clients and facilitates business development, while identifying targeted key customers and build high level relationships in the organizations
• Systematically interact (meetings, dialogues, workshops, presentations) with customers in order to identify the customer's needs and implement associated customized solutions based on the totality of DNV’s service portfolio
• Understand and stay current on the industry and have an overview of projects in the region
• Identify opportunities for launching Joint Industry Projects and be able to ensure follow up until completion.
• May approve project and work related documents produced by junior staff, act as a mentor for, and manage and direct the work thereof
Job Requirements :
• Bachelors degree in Material Science, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
• At least 10 years relevant experience including welding and non-destructive testing related to the construction of new facilities and maintenance of in-service facilities.
• Ability to combine analytical/theoretical knowledge with practical skills
• Experience with developing stress based and strain based pipeline installation criteria and the development of engineering critical assessment (ECA) defect acceptance criteria.
• Experience with working with fabricators to implement high production welding methods, working with welders to develop and implement in-service welding procedures, and experience with automatic mechanized welding and automatic ultrasonic testing (AUT) of pipeline girth welds.
• Detailed working knowledge of codes and standards including applicable state and federal regulations including API 1104, CSA Z662, DNV OS-F101, BS 4515, ASME Section IX, ASME BPVC, ASNT, and AWS.
• Extensive professional experience within the energy industry, including all aspects of welding and non-destructive testing for the construction of onshore and offshore pipelines, stations, and related facilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
• Willingness to travel
Career Level :
Job Type :
Job Code :
PennEnergyJobs - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
DNV (Det Norske Veritas) is an independent foundation with the purpose of safeguarding life, property, and the environment. Our history goes...