Senior Wind Technician, Brookfield Tehachapi
Under the general direction of the Operations & Maintenance Superintendent and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, the Senior Wind Technician is responsible for hands-on troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and operation of wind turbine/generator systems, high voltage , and related equipment. Additional responsibilities include knowledge of the equipment, operations, and projects for all Brookfield facilities as necessary, and provide leadership and guidance to other maintenance and operating personnel as required.
- Practice safe work habits and follow correct safety policies and procedures. Immediately act upon incorrect procedures when witnessed and, if necessary, stop the work or procedure.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable , regulatory licenses, permits, and codes of operation and conduct.
- Identify, operate and repair, as necessary, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems including analytical problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Work with Brookfield crews or maintenance contractors to repair identified maintenance/operational problems to improve park availability and production.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the technician(s) as needed, with regard to the safe maintenance and operation of Brookfield’s wind turbine assets.
- Assist the Operations & Maintenance Superintendent with the coordination of the safe, efficient operation repair and maintenance of Brookfield s wind turbines, facilities, equipment and machinery.
- Be available, as necessary, for after hour “call-ins”.
- Monitor and report on equipment quality issues per factory requirements and Brookfield specifications from disassembly to commissioning.
- Perform station, unit operations and preventive maintenance tasks as required.
- Two to Four year degree in E.E. or E.E. T. or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience with repair and maintenance of wind turbine/generator systems and related equipment is preferred as follows: electrical, mechanical, hydraulic as well as PLC programming and troubleshooting skills and ability to perform related essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Experience with GE turbines desired.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Hold a valid US Drivers License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Windows based software including Outlook, Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability to learn additional BPNE software.
- Experience with related mechanical and electrical OSHA safety standards.
- Supervisory Experience
Brookfield Renewable Power - 7 months ago
To Brookfield Asset Management, generating money comes naturally. The company has approximately $150 billion in assets under management,...