Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under general direction, formulates/defines system scope and objectives based on user needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Analyze, develop and write functional specifications for complex application systems. Research and analyze application systems to develop an understanding of internal and/or external customer business requirements for the development of system solutions to existing system performance issues and applications for new systems. Track problems and bugs; revise documentation of system revisions and modifications, as needed. May prepare proposals, functional requirements, presentations and reports for existing and potential clients. May provide technical assistance to less experienced application system analysts.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years related experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• 5+yrs Systems Administration of Microsoft Windows 2000-2008 server and IIS.
• Experience with Windows services and applications, DNS, Symantec, E-mail (SMTP), etc..
• Cisco Firewalls/Switches/Routers configuration and administration.
• Knowledge of and ability to write SQL queries.
• Experience with backup software and VMware
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Daily monitor of system logs, to ensure proper operation of servers, applications and backups.
• Daily monitor event logs to ensure proper operation of routers/firewalls.
• Deploy new software/hardware necessary for business operation.
• Monitor patch levels of all servers and routers and perform patch updates.
• Provide support for Development and first / second level support, assisting them to resolve customer issues.
• Proactively perform server / router maintenance daily.
• Provide after hours support, bi-weekly on-call schedule.
THE SABRE HOLDINGS PORTFOLIO OF COMPANIES includes Travelocity, Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has approximately 10,000 employees in 60 countries. Our people take initiative, are resourceful and innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
Sabre - 22 months ago
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more...