Tower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Senior Windows Systems Administrator to join our Windows Team.
The Senior Windows Systems Administrator will help to design and maintain Tower’s global Windows infrastructure, consisting of 210 desktops and over 100 servers. Responsibilities include strategically planning for the growth of the infrastructure, maintaining existing systems, and proactively researching and implementing new products as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a breadth of knowledge spanning all Microsoft products and third-party software, as well as at least four years of experience in architecting and supporting a reliable, scalable Windows network. As our Windows Team is responsible for everything from design to deployment to user support, the Senior Windows Systems Administrator should be comfortable working in all of these areas, which are integral to Tower’s day-to-day operations.
Additionally, candidates should have:
Tower’s main office and garden roofdeck are located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals to include networking, DNS, SSL, RAID, and attack vectors on a Windows network
- At least four years of experience in architecting and supporting a reliable, scalable Windows network
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2008 or above and Windows 7 or above. This includes Active Directory, Group Policy, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Scripting knowledge of at least one of the following languages: PowerShell, Python, or Perl
- Experience with Exchange 2010/2013 management, automation, journaling, archival (SEV a plus), and anti-spam/anti-malware (Cisco IronPort a plus)
- Experience with large-scale server/desktop management and deployment (SCCM a plus)
- Experience with virtualization (hyperv/vmware) and storage subsystem administration (EMC/NetApp/WinSys)
- Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013 farm administration and design (a plus)
- Experience with Linux, particularly with Windows-Linux interaction
- Passion about technology
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with company matching
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus nine paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Free gym membership
- Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival
Tower Research Capital - 5 months ago