Tower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Senior Windows Systems Administrator to lead our small but rapidly growing Windows Team.
The Senior Windows Systems Administrator will lead the team that designs and maintains Tower’s global Windows infrastructure, consisting of 160 desktops and over 50 servers. Responsibilities include strategically planning for the growth of the infrastructure, maintaining existing systems, and proactively researching and implementing new products as needed.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge spanning all Microsoft products, third-party software, and Open Source software running on Linux, as well as at least four years of experience in architecting and supporting a reliable, scalable Windows network. As our Windows Team is responsible for everything from design to deployment to user support, the Senior Windows Systems Administrator should be comfortable working in all of these areas, which are integral to Tower’s day-to-day operations.
Additionally, candidates should have:
Tower’s main office and garden roofdeck are located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science
- At least four years of experience in architecting and supporting a reliable, scalable Windows network
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 2008/7 and Active Directory, including Group Policy, Kerberos, and LDAP
- Strong scripting knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Perl, Python, or PowerShell
- Extensive experience with Exchange 2010 troubleshooting, management, and automation
- Experience integrating BlackBerry Enterprise Server and ActiveSync with Exchange 2010
- Experience with server/desktop management using Microsoft System Center products
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 installation, maintenance, and third-party code integration
- Experience with SQL Server, including replication, log shipping, and query optimization
- Experience with Linux preferred, particularly with Windows-Linux interaction (Samba, LDAP, and MySQL)
- Experience with virtualization hypervisors, including but not limited to Microsoft Hyper-V
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with company matching
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus nine paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Free gym membership
- Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival
Tower Research Capital - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard