This is a great opportunity to join our R & D group in a highly visible role developing future generation write head technology. As part of a small, highly collaborative group of the best engineers in the Industry, you will have more in-depth responsibility than is typically possible in larger companies and you will be able to have a major impact on the future of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and development of magnetic recording phenomena at nanoscale dimensions and ultra high data rates.
- Modeling of magnetic structures for advanced write head applications.
- Design integration with in-depth modeling and data analysis.
- Interfacing with program/process teams to transfer designs into production.
- Failure analysis to improve writer reliability.
Work Schedule, Conditions and Physical Requirements
- An advanced Degree(MS/PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or a related field
- Experience in thin film head design and process development
- Experience in magnetic devices, micro-magnetic modeling and device characterization.
- Experience in testing of magnetic structures (row level and HGA dynamic testing).
- Significant knowledge of FEM and Micromagnetic analysis.
- Expertise in DOE data collection methods.
- Excellent communication skills to convey engineering issues to other groups.
Work schedule is from Monday to Friday. Regular work schedule may periodically be adjusted to meet company needs.
Monster - 2 years ago
Headway Technologies is making progress in the disk drive market. The company designs and manufactures recording heads for computer disk...